In today’s world, we eat, sleep and breathe social media. Likes for breakfast, retweets for lunch, a nice cup of comments, and that sweet, sweet validation for dinner.
We wake up, and the first thing we do once we open our eyes is pick up our phones. And what do after? Why, online political activism, of course.
After much deliberation (for like 10 minutes), I've come up with this guide to online political activism in modern India.
- present opinions masquerading as facts
- use bias as your preferred language
- forward stuff without checking for factual inaccuracy
- add fuel to wars in the comment sections
- block people that do not agree with you
- support other people who share the same ideology as yours
- spread your propaganda
- support derogatory humor based on the other ideology
These are the generic points. Now we will dwell a bit deeper into the ideologies.
If you want to look cool and woke on the internet then the Left ideology might suit your preference. The following might help you out:-
- write "bhakts incoming" at the end of all your posts
- scream fascism at anything that is not left
- bash certain news channels and anchors for paid news
- callout the industrialists for spending their own money
- oppose every governmental program/ law/ amendment just for the sake of it
Now if you want to look cool and be a patriot on the internet then the Right ideology might suit your preference. The following might help you out:-
- write "masterstroke" at the end of all your posts
- label anyone that doesn't agree with you as an anti-national and send them to Pakistan
- feel that a certain culture and religion is superior
- callout certain people from the past for what is happening at the moment
- feel that a certain building or statue is much more important than basic human rights
That's it! You now know all that is required to be an online political analyst. If it doesn't work out then you can always put the blame on Nehru.